What If

Monday 29 December 2014


I have something serious to tell you. Are you sitting down? OK. Here goes nothing... I'm obsessed with this movie.

Felt good to get that off my chest.

Starring Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan, What If (without a '?' which I'll admit annoys me a little) is the story of a girl-guy friendship challenged by the age old question - can men and women really just be friends?

Three favourite quotes:
"You don't realise how quickly everything can fall apart until it does, makes you never want to give up anything good again."
"I just had sex and I'm about to eat nachos, this is the greatest moment of my life!"
"It's complicated. All this love shit's complicated. Because if it's too simple you've got no reason to try. And if you've got no reason to try, you don't."

As the two main protagonists - Wallace (Radcliffe) and Chantry (Kazan)  - navigate their way through a friendship filled with lust and longing, trying desperately to come to a conclusion that doesn't ruin both their lives, the movie throws up some of the sweetest, some of the funniest, and some of the most heart wrenchingly real scenes since (500) Days of Summer. In short, it makes me do a happy cry, I've watched it three times since Saturday, and you're going to love it.

11/10.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Smudgeness (old) © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger